As published in the July 16th Weekly Facebook Update…
A little over a week ago, I set a fairly unostentatious goal to amass 10 more LIKES for my rewriter.ca Facebook page by mid-July. What I ended up with was a total of 28 new LIKES in just over a week!
I can’t say that I did it without even trying; in fact, it required a fair amount of hard work…but I’m very pleased with the result.
Let me share how I managed this, and maybe you can benefit from my “quest” for more Facebook page LIKES.
I had originally decided to choose one strategy, try it out, and measure its success before moving on to a new method. Instead, I figured that if I could get a few more LIKES using one method, why not try a bunch all at once and see where it went?
SO, that’s what I did. None of them brought me a landslide of LIKES, but the half dozen or so from each added up to a nice score. I must also admit that they were not all qualified potential “friends” with whom I expect to build a professional relationship, but there were still a fair number that I would like to get to know better.
Here are the five most successful strategies:
- I invited (almost) ALL of my remaining friends available to like the rewriter.ca page, not just the ones I thought looked “right.”
- I posted to my group wall (which generates a personal message to all members) promising that when they added a LIKE to my page and I would LIKE theirs in return.
- I sent a personal message to a few friends that I know fairly well and who had already added their LIKE to my page, asking them to post a link to my page on their wall so that all of their friends could see it and add their own LIKE.
- I chose a number of admins from groups to which I belong and sent a personal message to them offering to trade LIKES with them as well, since the majority of them have a page
- I sent a TWEET out to my followers which also posted to my LinkedIn profile asking them to LIKE my page as well.
I haven’t analyzed which one was the most successful, but I do know that each of these methods produced at least a few more LIKES for my page. I really encourage you to give one (or more…maybe!) of these a try. If you have any questions or comments, please share!Tags: business correspondence, Deborah Plouffe, facebook, rewriter.ca, Weekly Facebook Update, writing